What, when & where
UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY
The Department of English at Utah State University seeks applications for a postdoctoral teaching fellowship in the field of American Literature and Culture, with an emphasis on the colonial histories of the Americas through the nineteenth century and/or ethnic studies. Secondary areas of interest might include digital humanities and/or gender and sexuality studies. This one-year fellowship (2020-21 academic year) will begin in August 2020 with an annual salary of $40,000 (non-negotiable), plus full excellent benefits.
The fellow will teach literature and American Studies at different levels of the curriculum: general education, undergraduate majors, and/or graduate courses, depending upon departmental needs. These courses are all face-to-face, on the Logan campus. The teaching load is 3/3, or 6 total courses, split between Fall and Spring semester.
Deadline & how to apply
The successful applicant will have earned a Ph.D. in a relevant field (e.g. English, American Studies, etc.) by August 1, 2020, as well as demonstrated a strong record of teaching excellent and active research. The Department especially seeks applicants who bring to their academic careers the important perspective that comes from the experiences of members of groups historically underrepresented in higher education in the United States. Accordingly, scholars from diverse racial/ethnic backgrounds (African American/Black, Hispanic/Latina/o/x, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander) are strongly encouraged to apply.
Along with the online application, please attach (Document size may not exceed 10 MB)
- 1. CV to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in Your Profile under “Resume/CV”
- 2. Summary of teaching evaluations to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in the candidate profile under “Other documents 1-5”
- 3. Ten-page excerpt of published work to be uploaded at the beginning of your application under “Other documents 1-5”
- 4. Cover Letter to be typed/pasted at the end of your application
- 5. The names and email addresses of two references to be typed/pasted at the end of your application. Please note: References will be automatically sent an email asking them to provide a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
Other info, Links & conditions