What, when & where
The Ph.D. Program in English at the Graduate Center seeks an advanced Associate or full Professor in African American Studies or Black Studies, whose research and work cover any period of literary and cultural study. Areas of interest include African diaspora and Caribbean studies, the Black Radical Tradition, Black Feminisms, Black Queer Studies, gender and sexuality, and intersectional analysis of colonial histories and imperial formations. This is a tenured position that reports to the Executive Officer of the Ph.D. Program in English
Deadline & how to apply
Open until filled with review of applications to begin on July 15, 2019.
Apply on this page.
Other info, Links & conditions
For Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor:
Ph.D. degree in area(s) of experience or equivalent. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
A preferred candidate should have:
- Ph.D. in English or a related discipline.
- Experience with graduate teaching, training, and mentoring.
- Ability to teach graduate courses and supervise Master’s theses and Ph.D. dissertations.
- A distinguished publication record. Extensive research experience in the history of black life and thought as demonstrated by the publication of books and peer-reviewed articles.
- A comprehensive agenda for future research.