Please find attached details of the 2018 HOTCUS winter symposium, taking place at the University of Nottingham on Saturday 17th February 2018. We will be addressing the theme of, ‘The State of the State: What is American Political History Now?’
They are particularly interested in using the symposium to showcase examples of the latest historical research in twentieth century American political history. This includes (but is not limited to):
· Political ideas and ideologies
· Social movements and the state
· Race, class, gender and sexuality
· Public policy and political development
· Foreign affairs and diplomacy
· Political economy, business and capitalism
· Mass incarceration and the carceral state
· The environment and environmentalism
· The state and transnationalism
· State of the field debates
Please send any proposals and one-page CVs to Joe Merton (firstname.lastname@example.org), Vivien Miller (email@example.com) and Bevan Sewell (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday 27th October 2017.
Further information is available at https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/history/events/2018/hotcus-symposium.aspx and http://hotcus.org.uk/2018-winter-symposium/call-for-papers/.